- Spend more than your earn then borrow more. Sounds crazy yet that is what many folks do, go to college take out a huge loan for a degree that will result in career with mediocre pay. Better yet to to an expensive school and do the same. Solotion: Live on Less than you earn, don’t borrow unless you absolutely have to.
- Just spend as you go, spend on impulse don’t bother with a budget and avoid a keeping track of your spending let your credit balance be a surprise at the end of the month! Solution: Have a Written Budget every month, each dollar has a name and a place it is going to loosely quote Dave Ramsey.
- Rack up the debt, use credit cards balance transfers to pay off other credit cards then get more credit cards along with a car loan you can’t afford or better yet Lease an expensive vehicle. Solution: Save your money to pay for what you need, have a car replacement fund. Get Out of Debt or better yet Stay out of Dept.
- Do Not Save Any Money for a rainy day, retirement, your next car, a down payment on a home. Many working folks don’t have enough saved to deal with a $1,000 sunrise problem – expense. Solution: Learn to Save and Invest. Delay gratification & Spending until you can pay cash for most things.
- Be a cheapskate, spend on yourself only never give to charity. Solution: Generosity is beautiful and there is a high correlation between success and generosity people help generous people they are more likable.
- Hang around losers, people who spend carelessly, live messy lives and are always broke & unsuccessful. Better yet take their advice on how to get rich quick. Soloution: Invest in Quality Relationships “It is hard to soar with Eagles when you are stuck on the ground scratching with Turkeys…. S. You are the sum of the people who you hang around with . You become who you hang around with.” according to Brian Tracy.
7. Drop. our of High School. Solution: Graduate High School every neighborhood has one, stay in school and graduate
8. Become a parent as soon as you are able. Solution: Get married before you have children, both you and your children will be better off.
9. Pay no attention to your money, stay ignorant about how to handle money, and take advice from broke people. Solution: Learn about money, learn about how to create a budget, never stop learning.
10. Expect others to take care of you: the governement, your parents, relative and friends as long as you can. Solution: Get a Job any job as soon as you are legally allowed to work.
11. Ignore the rules of Society especially the Law. Solution: Stay out of the Criminal Justice System once you get in this loop it is hard to get out and stay out.
12. Abuse legal & illegal drugs, this is the fastest way to the bottom, and one of the hardest holes to climb out of. Solution: Stay clean & sober, don’t even dabble in Drugs, especially if your family has a history of Alcohol & Drug abuse, there appears to be a genetic component
Don’t be afraid to seek help there is plenty out there. Dave Ramsey has a great series of videos on YouTube. or Dave Ramsey.com.
How I learned to be Good with Money – Dave Ramsey 1/10/2018 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbmHr5WwajY
XACTLY What We Teach – Dave Rant Oct 8 2015 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_ZwmsZBXhY